Pericardium is a tough, double-layered membrane which covers the heart. Bovine pericardium is harvested, cleaned, and processed as a biomaterial for use in a number of clinical applications.
Principally composed of collagen, bovine pericardium provides strength and elasticity. Bovine pericardium is used extensively in applications including bio-prosthetic heart valves, dural closure, bone and dental membranes, and surgical buttressing. Collagen Solutions offers a variety of tissue harvesting, selection and cross-linking procedures and options to meet manufacturer’s requirements.
- Minimally processed or crosslinked
- Multiple thicknesses and physical properties
- Frozen or fresh packaging
Features & Benefits
- Meets quality and compliance requirements for numerous applications
- Harvesting, selection and crosslinking procedures provide material ready for device manufacture
- Cross-linking confirmation
- Analyses specific to design specifications
- Suture strength
- Electron microscopy
- Mechanical strength, elasticity, tearing and burst properties